Last Updated: June 1, 2022
Automata Transactions, LLC d/b/a Grubbrr® (“Grubbrr”) respects the privacy of the users who access its website (the “Website”), its mobile application (the “Application”), and/or Grubbrr’s other products and services (“Products” and together with the Website and the Application, and any combination thereof, the “Grubbrr Offerings” and each may be referred to individually as a “Grubbrr Offering”) and desires to inform you of its policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information Grubbrr collects from or about its users in connection with the Grubbrr Offerings.
A. THE TYPES OF INFORMATION GRUBBRR COLLECTS
Grubbrr collects information from you in various ways when you access or use the Grubbrr Offerings. Grubbrr collects personal information from you in the following ways:
(1) You directly provide your personal information to Grubbrr:
a. Grubbrr may collect personal information from you, including your first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other information you input to create a user profile (“Profile”); and
b. Certain Grubbrr Offerings may allow you to store preferences such as your location and recent orders to make it more convenient for you to use the Grubbrr Offerings in the future; and
c. Grubbrr may collect certain information necessary to complete transactions using the Grubbrr Offerings, which may include your name and payment information.
d. In the event you provide feedback or contact Grubbrr via email, Grubbrr will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email so Grubbrr may send you a reply.
e. Grubbrr also collects other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by Grubbrr if you contact Grubbrr via email regarding support for the Grubbrr Offerings.
(2) Personal Information Collected Via The Grubbrr Offerings. Grubbrr collects certain information from you automatically when you access and use the Grubbrr Offerings as described below:
a. Information Collected by Grubbrr’s Servers. To make the Grubbrr Offerings more useful to you, Grubbrr servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including the referring/exit pages, your browser type, domain name, date/time stamp for your visit and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Grubbrr uses this information to analyze trends, administer the Grubbrr Offerings, monitor for fraudulent activities using fraud management tools, and better tailor the Grubbrr Offerings to End Users needs.
d. Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Grubbrr Offerings, Grubbrr will collect your location information when you use the Grubbrr Offerings.
B. HOW GRUBBRR USES YOUR INFORMATION
(1) General Use. In general, Grubbrr uses your personal information to respond to your requests as submitted through the Grubbrr Offerings, to provide you the Grubbrr Offerings you request, or to help serve you better. Grubbrr may use your personal information in the following ways:
a. facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your Profile;
b. identify you as a legitimate End User in Grubbrr’s system;
c. provide improved administration of the Grubbrr Offerings;
d. improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Grubbrr Offerings;
e. send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Profile was created;
f. send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and
g. send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Grubbrr Offerings.
(2) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. Grubbrr may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. Grubbrr may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance Grubbrr’s products and services. Grubbrr reserves the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in its discretion.
C. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Grubbrr discloses your personal information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy .
(1) Third Party Service Providers. Grubbrr may share your personal information with third party service providers that perform services for or on behalf of Grubbrr, for the purposes described in this Policy, including: to provide you with the Grubbrr Offerings; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of Profiles; to optimize the performance of the Grubbrr Offerings; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Grubbrr.
(2) Affiliates. Grubbrr may share some or all your personal information with its parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control (“Affiliates”), in which case Grubbrr will require its Affiliates to honor this Policy.
(3) Corporate Restructuring. Grubbrr may share some or all your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of Grubbrr’s business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If Grubbrr’s company, business or assets is acquired by another company, that company will possess the personal information collected by Grubbrr and the company will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
(4) Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, Grubbrr and its U.S. and other foreign service providers may disclose your personal information if Grubbrr believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary: (a) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other legally valid inquiries or orders served on Grubbrr; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Grubbrr or users of the Grubbrr Offerings; (c) in connection with a legal investigation; and/or (d) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law, this Policy, or Grubbrr’s End User License Agreement, as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities.
D. SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
Grubbrr has implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Grubbrr restricts access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
Grubbrr has record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
E. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Grubbrr Offerings are not directed towards individuals under the age of 13, and Grubbrr does not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
Furthermore, Grubbrr does not intentionally allow visitors under the age of 18 to register for the Grubbrr Offerings. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Grubbrr and Grubbrr learns that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, Grubbrr will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that Grubbrr might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact Grubbrr at: 1081 Holland Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33487.
F. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
G. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Website.
(1) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from the Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all or portions of the Grubbrr Offerings or all functionality of the Grubbrr Offerings.
(2) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. Subject to limited exceptions under the applicable law, you may request to review, correct inaccuracies, and/or update your personal information in Grubbrr’s custody by submitting a request to support@Grubbrr.com or by writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
(3) Opting Out of Email & SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the ”unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under ”Contact Us” on the Website. If you provide your phone number through the Grubbrr Offerings, Grubbrr may send you notifications by SMS; however, you may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Website.
H. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
If you are a non-U.S. user of the Grubbrr Offerings, by using the Grubbrr Offerings and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed outside the country in which it was collected, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
I. POLICY UPDATES
This Policy is subject to occasional revision. Grubbrr will notify you of any material changes in its collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information by posting a notice on the Website. If you object to any such changes, you must notify Grubbrr within thirty (30) days of the date on which such notice is posted to the website that you wish to terminate your access to the Grubbrr Offerings. Continued use of the Grubbrr Offerings following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes. Unless otherwise stated herein or prohibited by law, your election to terminate your access to the Grubbrr Offerings shall not terminate your obligation to pay any and all amounts owed Grubbrr by you.
J. CONTACT GRUBBRR
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or Grubbrr’s data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to Grubbrr, please contact Grubbrr by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail at: 1081 Holland Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33487.
K. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a ”California customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal data to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California customers should be able to visit your website for further information on how to submit a request or, if applicable, opt out of your ability to share their personal data with third parties for those parties’ direct marketing purposes.
L. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA USERS
We are providing this supplemental privacy notice to California users on behalf of the business who use Grubbrr Offerings, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (”CCPA”). Please note that as a service provider who may handle personal information on behalf of its customers, Grubbrr is not required to provide a CCPA notice. This notice does not apply to individuals with whom Grubbrr engages in the individuals’ capacity as representatives of businesses that may provide services to Grubbrr, or to which Grubbrr may provide its services including any user who visits www.Grubbrr.com, which is designed only for businesses and not for individuals’ use in their personal or household capacity.
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights.
(1) Information. You can request information about how a Grubbrr customer has collected, used and shared your personal information through the Grubbrr Offerings during the past 12 months. You can do so free from discrimination.
(2) Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that Grubbrr maintains about you on behalf of a Grubbrr Customer.
(3) Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that Grubbrr maintains about you on behalf of a Grubbrr Customer.
(4) Opt-out of sale of your personal information. While Grubbrr does not allow its customers to sell personal information through the Grubbrr Offerings, there are steps you can take to limit online tracking.